Saturday, January 21, 2012

Is it easy to lose hope?

Although life is hard, sometimes it can feel hopeless.  Working hard on anything will take time.  Getting recognition for it can take even more time.  One day I hope to get a literary agent, and begin my writing career.  My dream is to put my Communication degree to good use and make my novel into a movie. 

However, I’ve received nothing but rejections from agencies.  With every new rejection, it makes me want to just give up.  There is something deep inside me that rejects that feeling.  I know it would just be easier to give up and find an easier job.  But something deep down keeps saying “keep going.  someone will take a chance.”  I hope that little voice inside of me is right. 

If any other writers are feeling the same feeling of rejection, don’t give up.  One day, you’ll find what you’re meant to do.  Someone will take a chance…even if you have to go through hundreds of agencies.  I wouldn’t be able to keep going if I didn’t know there will at least be someone who will have faith in my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment